Kurt Nimmo

The FBI has told Utah lawyer Jesse Trentadue it cannot find videotapes from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and will not continue to look for them. Trentadue sued the FBI and the CIA in an effort to get video taken by exterior cameras on the Murrah building and dashboard camera video from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol’s arrest of Timothy McVeigh, who was executed after a conviction in the case.

Trentadue says the tapes will prove others were involved in the plot that resulted in the death of 168 people.

The FBI claims electronic databases and searches of FBI crime labs, evidence centers and a warehouse in Oklahoma City have not turned up the records. The FBI asserts continuing the search would be “unreasonably burdensome” and could take a single staff person more than 18 months to conduct, according to court papers.

The FBI explanation is “nothing but more of the same institutionalized dishonesty, deception and disrespect for the Constitution,” Trentadue wrote in an email to the Associated Press.

Jesse Trentadue believes his brother was mistakenly identified by federal authorities as an accomplice in the bombing and he was killed during an interrogation. Timothy McVeigh said authorities thought Kenneth Trentadue was Richard Guthrie, a white supremacist bank robber allegedly involved in the plot to attack the federal building in Oklahoma City.

Guthrie is said to have committed suicide a few days before he was to testify against one of his bank robbery gang accomplices. Kenneth Trentadue’s death was also officially described as a suicide, but his body had 41 wounds and bruises that Jesse believes were the result of a beating. A judge awarded the Trentadue family $1.1 million in damages for extreme emotional distress in the government’s handling of the death.

In 2009, after a long drawn out FOIA battle, Trentadue finally received video tapes from cameras within the proximity of the Murrah building. The tapes show footage taken by cameras situated at four different office buildings. All of the video cameras blanked out in the minutes before the explosion and do not show the Ryder truck allegedly used in the attack. Remarkably, the feds claim all four cameras ran out of tape at the same time and then mysteriously came back on after the explosion at 9:02 on the morning of April 19, 1995.

“There ain’t no such thing as a coincidence,” Trentadue said after receiving the tapes. He added that the blanking out is “evidence that there is something there that the FBI doesn’t want anybody to see.”

Jesse Trentadue appeared on the Alex Jones Show on December 3, 2008.